Development and Implementation
DEVELOPMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION
- Developing and promoting the use of low-cost technologies and practices amongst farmers for adoption and creating impacts for sustainability of natural resources
- Use of innovative ways for demonstration and adoptions of technologies and practices for water use efficiency and improved production practices.
- Developing Decision Support Systems for providing reliable and faster information to farmers on cultivation of major crops. Information relates to crop advisory, weather and input use
- Promoting sustainable agriculture and farmer livelihood
- Working on to promote zero stubble burning and straw management
- Working with cooperatives and producer organizations to ensure better access to small and marginal farmers and enable faster adoption of the intervention on water sustainability and improve agriculture production.
- Training of farmer on modern agricultural practices, resource conservation, water use efficiency for better economic returns
- Capacity building of stakeholders on water stewardship, use of technology in extension services and natural resource management.
- Promoting crop diversification and exploring business viable value chains in collaboration with academia and private sector