Name of the programme– Farmers’ training camp on water saving technologies and methods for long term viability in Agriculture.
Date– 29th may, 2019
Venue– Cooperative Society, Bhakna Kalan
Communicators– Ranjodh Singh (CIPT)
Subordinates– Angrez Singh (CIPT), Subhash Bindra (CIPT)
Ranjodh Singh Project Co-ordinator of CIPT introduced five-year programme in three parts-
- Water saving technologies for Paddy which include DSR, Short duration varieties, standing water not more than 15 days, Alternate wetting and drying, Soil moisture sensor.
- Economic upliftment of farmers by introducing market linkages via cooperatives and FPOs from third or fourth year of the programme.
- Behaviour change through trainings and regular advice by creating awareness among farmers on the dose and time of fertilizer and pesticide application and ways to reduce its use.
- Briefed on the use of inoculum (Azospirillum bacteria) and its advantage to crop as given below-
- Helps in crop growth
- Will increase 3-4 % yield
- If used regularly will help to reduce demand of urea
Around 40+ farmers attended this Training camp.